An Accra High Court has dismissed a case brought by some members of the NDC in Klottey Korle constituency seeking to annul the results of the parliamentary primaries of the NDC in the area.
The three; Joseph Narku Botchway, Jacob Amin and Reverend Michael Kwabena Nii Adjei Sowah went to court to challenge the eligibility of the Parliamentary candidate, Zanetor Rawlings who they allege is not a registered voter.
According to the court the plaintiff did not demonstrate in anyway how their rights had been violated or will be violated.
The court also indicated in the ruling that the action of the plaintiffs were an abuse of the court.
The ruling of the court followed an application by Lawyers of Dr. Zanetor Rawlings praying the court to strike out the case brought by the disgruntled members.
The plaintiffs were praying the court to compel the EC to provide the following answers:
1. Whether or not Dr. Zanetor Agyemang Rawlings is a registered voter.
2. If so, when was the name entered on the National Biometric Voters’ Register.
3. The name of the Registration Officer.
4. The date of registration.
5. The time on which the name was entered on the roll as shown on the print out.
6. The registration centre name.
7. The registration code.
8. The constituency within which the registration took place.
9. The Voter’s Identify Card number of Dr. Zanetor Agyemang Rawlings.
10. Biometric finger print.
11. The type of identification document used in the registration process.
12. Copies of Form 1C that captured the data.
13. Copies of Voter Register Form 1A
14. Whether Dr. Zanetor Agyemang Rawlings’ name has been publicly exhibited on any provisional Voters’ Register.
15. If so when?
16. Please furnish the Court with the said Voters’ Register.
17. If the registration was during the limited registration period in 2014, a copy of the voter registration identification guarantee form.
18. Copies of the registration team details Form 2A.
19. Please furnish the Court with the final Biometric Voters’ Register showing Dr. Zanetor Agyemang Rawlings’ name.