A High Court on Tuesday struck out an application for interlocutory injunction by Justice Paul Uuter Dery on the public premiering of Anas’s video allegedly depicting judicial bribery.
The case was struck out after the Counsel for Justice Dery, Nii Kpakpo Samoa Addo withdrew the case since ace investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas could not be served with the writ.
When the case which was scheduled to be heard by a High court presided over by Justice Gertrude Torkonu, was called, Counsel for the applicants withdrew it after request for adjournment was dismissed by the court.
The court said it had taken judicial notice that the action for an application for injunction had been broadcasted widely such that, even though the first defendant does not know of the application, formally, the whole world seem to be aware of the application.
She said the court would not adjourn the application for injunction against the screening of the video on Tuesday, but would treat it as a matter of high public interest, saying it only fair that the matter be determined.
She asked Nii Addo to either withdraw the application for interlocutory injunction or move for the application to be heard.
Justice Gertrude Torkonu said “if the first defendant has not officially received the injunction, it would be better to withdraw the application, because, after today it would be useless to come back and sit on the issue”.
Nii Addo, therefore, withdrew the application, saying “we simply withdraw our application for interlocutory injunction in its entirety”.
The long-awaited video revealing how some 34 Ghanaian judges took bribes to throw away cases before them Titled ‘Ghana in the Eyes of God – Epic of Injustice’ would therefore be premiered tonight and tomorrow September 23, at the Accra International Conference Centre. GNA