Kevin-Prince Boateng’s agent angry at media report

The Ghana international’s health was said to have pulled the plug on his latest anticipated move but his representative has come out to set the record straight

The agent of former Schalke 04 midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng, Federico Pastorello, has squashed wide-spread media reports linking his client to a failed medical.

Boateng has been on the search for a new club, having been released by the German side in March. A quest which has seen him on two separate occasions closely linked to Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon and recently to Saudi outfit Ittihad.

On both occasions, the midfielder was reported to have failed his medicals, albeit on the account of Sporting, who were unable to sign the former Tottenham star due to a lack of agreement over image rights after the player had earlier arrived in Portugal.

Be that as it may, latest rumours on Friday had said the former Milan man had failed his second medical in succession following an examination by Bupa Arabia, the official healthcare partner of the Saudi side.

“Following the misleading information the social media and press are broadcasting lately about @KPBofficial [Boateng], I want to say that the player is in good condition and fit to play,” Federico Pastorello addressed on twitter on Friday.

“Further, I can declare we are working towards finding the best solution for him and his value and for the club Schalke 04.

“I would appreciate if no more false information will be published.”

Together with Sidney Sam and Marco Hoger, Boateng was suspended in March by Schalke after a surprise 2-0 defeat at the hands of Cologne in the Bundesliga.

The ex-Portsmouth man,who is co-managed by Pastorello and Edoardo Crnjar, joined the Royal Blues from Milan in the summer of 2013.

Source: Goal.com

Leave a Reply