Two yet-to-be identified persons have sustained serious burns after a gas explosion at Dansoman, a suburb of Accra, Monday morning.
The explosion is said to have occurred at a gas filling station near the Wesley Grammar Secondary School.
The two injured persons have been sent to the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
The gas filling station shares a wall with a house.
Residents of the neighbourhood where the explosion occurred say the location of the filling station is too close to their houses.
The safety situation in the area has been made even more precarious due to the location of a fuel filling station, which is also close to the gas filling station, Joy News observed.
Although personnel of the Ghana Fire Service brought the fire under control, residents have called on authorities to close down the gas filling station since a recurrence of the explosion is very likely.
According to Joy News, an eyewitness said a leaking gas tank caught fire when a driver turned on the ignition after filling his gas tank.
A resident she heard a bang “like the Hiroshima bomb” while in her room.
Dansoman Fire Service Station Officer, Charles Afrifa has confirmed to Adom News the injured persons were sent to the hospital in very critical conditions.