Court orders alleged robber to be held in prison custody

A man, who together with three others on the run, allegedly attacked a porter and robbed him of his cash and cellular phone has been remanded into prison custody by a Kumasi Circuit Court.

Maxwell Nyarko, alias “NDC”, and his fugitive colleagues, are said to have severely beaten up the victim and inflicted knife wounds on his head.

The accused is facing a charge of robbery but he pleaded not guilty.

He was ordered by the court, presided over by Mr. John Ekow Mensah, to make his next appearance on Wednesday, April 15.

Police Chief Inspector Joe Debrah, prosecuting, said the incident happened at Kwadaso on March 11, at about 1930 hours.

The victim, Prince Abugri, was returning to the house after close of work, when the accused and his runaway colleagues, armed with knives, struck, the prosecutor said.

They seized his cash of GH¢300.00 and cellular phone amid severe beating and also stabbed him on the head.

Abugri made a formal report to the Police and identified Nyarko to the Police, three days later after he had been arrested over a similar crime.

The victim’s stolen mobile phone was found on the accused, the prosecutor said. GNA

Leave a Reply