Alfred Agbesi Woyome, a businessman, on Thursday told the Financial Court that government and its agencies were aware he had worked and spent resources on the projects, hence those payments made to him.
He said allegations being leveled against him for receiving payments for work not done were incorrect.
According to Woyome, the ministries and agencies who were involved in the preparation for the CAN 2008 tournament were aware of all his steps and processes in the construction of the facilities.
He said these when he ended his evidence in chief in his trial for defrauding by false pretences and causing financial loss to the state.
He has pleaded not guilty to the charges and is on a GH₵ 20 million bail.
Woyome said there was a letter from Mr Kwadwo Mpiani, a former Chief of Staff, that there should be a verification of work done by VAMED company.
Earlier, the accused person was about tendering a document purportedly to be a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Government of Ghana and the Shanghai group on the design and construction of the stadia but was objected by the prosecution.
Prosecution said the accused person could not tender the document because, it was not coming from Woyome’s custody, that he is not a government official and that he was not a party to the MOU.
The prosecution said even though the document was signed, it had no stamp and prayed the court not to admit the document in evidence.
The lawyer for the accused person said the evidence was a public document between government and the company and that it was relevant to the case.
The court, presided over by Mr Justice John Ajet-Nasam, said refusing the accused person to tender the document would be an injustice to him.
He said other documents had been tendered without the accused person being the author and the prosecution did not object.
“I am of the view that the document should be admitted,” he added.
The case had been adjourned to July 10. GNA