Togolese Electronic Technician electrocuted

Alexis Kokou, a Togolese Electronic Technician was last Friday (April 12) electrocuted when a television antenna he was adjusting on top of a storey building, at Denu near Aflao came into contact with life electric cables.

A source close to the Aflao police told Ghana News Agency said the deceased, resident in Lome, Togo, was contracted by the owner of the building, located behind the Sape Agbo Memorial Hospital, to repair his TV set.

The source said at about 1500 hours, Kokou climbed up to manipulate the galvanised pole on which the antenna was fixed for clearer signals.

He said in the process the antennae tilted and hit power supply lines nearby, scalding and killing Kokou instantly, leading to the burning of a number of electronic gadgets in nearby rooms.

He said personnel from Ghana National Fire Service retrieved Kokou’s body, while Electricity Company of Ghana technicians also helped to disengage the antennae from the cables.

The charred body of Kokou has been placed in the Central Aflao Hospital morgue pending autopsy. GNA

Leave a Reply