Inter midfielder Sulley Muntari has apologised to the rest of his team for abruptly leaving the San Siro Stadium a following his exclusion from Sunday’s derby d’Italia against Juventus.
Muntari was instructed to sit in the stands as he was not part of the players selected for the match, but in an act of defiance, he left the stadium and went home rather than watch the game.
The Ghanaian international is reported to have held serious talks with the team manager and officials earlier this week over the incident and he has been forced to apologise.
La Gazzetta dello Sport claims the midfielder said sorry to coach Rafael Benitez, captain Javier Zanetti and director Marco Branca following the training session.
It is said Muntari explained his actions and claimed he did not want to create problems inside the dressing room.